Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Rant :)

It's mother's day.
I have to admit that there have been many of these "special" days in the past that have left me feeling inadequate and sad. I have at times felt that I could never live up to the Halmark card moms or the mom's that were described in the talks in church on Sunday. 

I'm not sure if it is age, or experience, or just a totally different place in my life that has taken many of those feelings away and replaced them with a pure gratitude for the blessing of being a mother. I have an amazing family and I'm truly honored that I have been given such strong and beautiful children to have 
in my life daily. 

I love them more than words are able to describe. I love them enough to do almost anything for them, including being hard on them sometimes to help them learn an important life lesson. I love them enough to put teaching them in front of making them happy at times. I love them enough to listen and learn with them. I love them enough to do whatever I need to in order to help them grow into the amazing adults I can see in them. 

I often wish that others could see themselves through my eyes. I wish they could see themselves through God's eyes. Wouldn't our self image be so different if we could see what our Father, who created us, sees in us? If only my children, and my husband could see how I look at them and see 

Strength
Beauty
Faith
Power
Love
Peace
Me

I could go on and on about my wonderful children and talk about each one individually, but the truth is that I'm so tired I can barely stay awake and I don't know what I might type in my half awake state! So I will end with a few pictures...okay a lot of pictures. I think that as you look you will see what I see, what I wish that they could see when they look in the mirror.

Jessika, Ashley, Tyler, Emma, Corey, Micah, Riley, and Superman
I love you all more than you will ever know.
You are my everything and you are exactly what I had always wanted as a little girl dreaming of being a mommy some day.
Thank you for all that you do for me, and give to me each day. Together we can do amazing things!
Here's looking forward to many great and happy memories to come!













2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family you have April. You have been truly blessed.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I proudly agree Meg! You have a beautiful family also! And I think you win in the photogenic department! LOL

    ReplyDelete