Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pictures!?

It's been killing me that Christmas AND New Years have come and gone and my poor little blog has been left without a post. Sigh. Such is life. As I sit here with a lingering sinus infection and a sicky sweetheart trying to rest the sick out of him I decided that now is as good as a time as tomorrow to post SOMETHING!




So here's the deal. Somehow I have it in my head that every post should be super. Every post should be filled with pictures ready for a magazine. Every post should inspire and paint a picture that will bring the reader to newfound ideas. Well I have decided that I'm going to set my ambitions of a prizewinning blog aside and just write. I'm just going to write and if you can handle it, I hope you will come back.

So this is where I wanted to put a cute little cartoon I found about Christmas being over. But guess what?! No that's not it...I'll just tell you! 

*Small story before I continue*

Many months ago my very old CPU decided to stop working very well. Some days it worked, and some days not so much. I've been lucky to have my Superman's laptop to use in the mean time since our cash tree did not bloom well this year. A couple of months ago Superman's laptop also decided to take a turn for the worse and we were left to beg and barter to use one of our ever so generous children's laptops. It was a pain. I was not enjoying it. We started looking for a computer. We bought me a Mac Book Pro. I am happy now. (mostly) 

*returning to the post now...*

Remember, I was telling you how I wanted to post a cute picture? Well, I can't figure it out! Not only am I learning how to use my Mac, but I'm also learning how to use all these new programs that I'm so not used to! Apparently I was much smarter when my old computer worked because I knew how to do everything that I wanted to! Guess I got dumb. I may actually have to sit and watch tutorials. Really? 

Alright, well I will obviously NOT have any amazing pictures in this post, but it's a post danggett!! :)

Lastly, before I go. For those of you keeping tabs. It will soon be snowing because the barn is almost done!! I am waiting for the roofer to finish the soffit/facia (ohh the story I could tell about THAT! Did you know that if you get a bit for a roof, and if you talk many many times to the roofer about how he will do the soffit/facia that you will have to ASK for him to actually include that in his bid?! Apparently the roof and the soffit/facia are two separate things and I shoulda known that!!!) and I'm waiting for the stairs to be installed to the upstairs so that I can start cleaning up, and getting the studio ready! Really, it's just too good to be true and I'm starting to think that I just imagined it all. But hopefully soon it will be a reality and I'll take you on a photo tour!!! There are some great things brewing for April James Interiors, some really great things! Can't wait to tell you all about it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment