It's been about a week of demolition. A week. Really? My muscles and joints would beg to differ, but the calendar doesn't lie. With the help of my wonderful friend Mandy, we have torn through the barn from one end to another. I figure that this building has been here for 35-40 years and it had the ick to show it! In the back room we tore off board after board of tongue and groove maple which was on the interior walls. It looked like this...
And now we have this:
Now for the rest of the barn. Here is a small pictorial of our progress. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Right?
That was the easiest wall to come down! Leave it to my hubby! :)
Good job hubby!
After hundreds of nails holding hundreds of tongue and groove boards, removing icky icky icky insulation with all kinds of animal "stuff" in it and lots of sore muscles on me and Mandy we now have:
This is the upper floor, you know, the place where my studio and showroom will be!!!
It's still really rough around the edges, but boy howdy! (yes, I did just say that)
We have gotten a LOT done!
So there you have it. With a hacking cough due to the crap in the air, I sit back and am so thankful for the progress, and for Mandy! Couldn't have done it without her!
I can't wait to show you all the treasures we have found! I don't want to overload you all in one post, so I will wait for my next post, which may just be within an hour or so :)