Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fabulous Fall

My posts have been dominated by "The Barn" lately, and yes, I have an update in the works. Tonight I'm just feeling like sharing some of our fall fun times with y'all. Last week for fall break we headed up beautiful Spanish Fork Canyon to my Phil's family cabin. I have to say that after always dreaming of having a place like this to go to I am humbled to tears with gratitude to have this cabin so close to home and available to us. As we often do, we brought along some friends to share in the fun!

Here are some of the highlights of the trip...

COLORING BOOKS!!


Our Scone dough got a little big over night! It sure was yummy though :)

Riley's baby fishy before she put it back...

The trout she didn't put back, even gutted it herself!

Our amazing friends Mandy and Aaron...aren't they cute!

Mandy had sooo much fun catchin' crawdads!

I spy.....

Yummmmmy!

As strange as I am, I was in love with the amazing colors on the crawdads before we cooked them! The blues and the browns were just sooo cool!
Might have to work on some finishes inspired by our crawdad friends...


Micah kissing her 30th fish before she released it.
Yes, she actually caught 30 in one day, and yes, she actually kissed it!

So there you go. My blog is called "read between designs" so while I'm sorry this is not a post about some creative something or other I have my disclaimer right in the title of my blog, so I hope you don't mind reading between designs. I've decide I need a tag line to end my posts with....

Thanks for listening (?)
Y'all come back now, Ya hear? (?)
Living it one adventure at a time (?)

Hmmmmm I don't know if any of those work... guess I'll keep thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment